Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

CAG MEMBER SPOTLIGHT: BARBARA J. SHORT

"Fresh Flowers"
4x12" Acrylic
$35
BARBARA J. SHORT
2012 Vice President of the Cheyenne Artist Guild 
2012 Newsletter Chairman

     "Art has always been in my heart! I can’t remember a time I did not draw, doodle or create something!  My life is so full of ideas I thrive on coming up with a theme or building a party from a theme!" 
   "My diving board was a wonderful workshop I took in July of 2011…….”Pocket Sketching” from Kath Macaulay!  When reading the info about Kath, it mentioned that she studied the book “Drawing on the right side of the Brain”.  I began to read the book prior to meeting and working with Kath for 3 full days!  It was the first time I really wanted to share my paintings and felt proud of my creations!" 
     "Then I felt the magic….I got out what I had left of my watercolor supplies, (I really was going to give up) I decided…I was gonna paint fish! My green fish "Blackbelly" and the orange yellow eye rockfish "Rocky" are shown below!"  
     "I also very much love my acrylics…I have been doing some fun stuff lately that I really enjoy… "

"For more information about my art contact me at barb@barbarashort.com."

"Drawing of Bo" NFS
"Fresh Flowers Galore" Acrylic NFS Private Collection












"Rocky"
Watercolor Framed and Matted
$150


"Blackbelly"
Watercolor NFS



1 comment:

  1. Barb,

    your fish are so lively and I love Bo, so Bo. Vanda

    ReplyDelete