Search This Blog

Monday, October 29, 2012

CAG Member in the Spotlight- SANDY WARVI


"Dingleton Hill Covered Bridge" Watercolor by Sandy Warvi


"Galaxy"  Watercolor on Yupo paper by Sandy Warvi



CAG Member in the Spotlight:

SANDY WARVI
Cheyenne, WY

"I enjoy the challenges of using watercolor and acrylic as watercolor to re-create memories of times spent within and outside of Wyoming.   Having lived in Wyoming since 1963, I consider myself to be a semi-native Wyoming resident.  I greatly appreciate the unique diversity and beauty found within this state and other areas within our great nation.  Much satisfaction is achieved when an image can be turned into a successful watercolor.  When my work is going well, I experience serenity but also a sense of exhilaration.

Watercolor and acrylic as watercolor allows for spontaneity and controlled looseness but it can also be used to create intricate detail.  I especially appreciate the brilliance of color and the illusion of light that can be achieved.  Utilizing these properties, a work of art can be created to intrigue the viewer while also leaving some interpretation to the individual.     

Paintings that portray my grandchildren playing in years past recall both humor and wonder as I recall times spent together.  More recent work has been exploring nature’s landscapes and creating my interpretation of those images.  When I begin a piece, I must remember what first peaked my interest.  Then as an artist, I hope to create a mood that will draw others into the subject."
   
Contact Sandy by email at  sjwarvi@optimum.net 
or call her at  307-634-7727 for more information about purchasing her art.

"Summertime in the USA" Watercolor by Sandy Warvi

"Landscape No. 1" Watercolor by Sandy Warvi

"Sunrise" Watercolor by Sandy Warvi

No comments:

Post a Comment