Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

CAG MEMBER SPOTLIGHT: CONNIE JOHNS

"Fading Cactus" Watercolor on Yupo $125
THE ART OF CONNIE JOHNS
I enjoy re-creating landscapes with a particular emphasis on flowers because it is interesting to interpret Mother Nature.  I make many attempts to see the frailness in flowers and the strength in trees.  Nature is my best inspiration, and I have learned from many art teachers about the importance of observation.  Nature never fails to amaze me, and I do appreciate her majesty.  The interdependence of nature reveals the oneness of all living things, and my body of work is meant to demonstrate that unity.

Travel is another catalyst that inspires my imagination.  Visiting places that have different landscapes and cultures stimulates my creativity and causes me to remain engaged in painting.

Watercolor is an entertaining medium because you can be loose in application as well as precise, but it will be very rewarding when colors and composition merge.

"Wyoming's Point"  Watercolor on Yupo
$130
''Navajo Novelty" Watercolor on Yupo 
$100



For more information about Connie's art
contact her by email at:
mcjohns70@bresnan.net 
or by phone at:
307-634-8433.



No comments:

Post a Comment