Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Terrie Lombardi Workshop photos

Terrie Lombardi, Pastel Artist
at the CAG July Workshop "Art of the Flower"
Terrie reviews the students work.

Terrie explains the Terrie Lombardi fundamentals of painting flowers.
Students take notes and listen carefully
Her Petals Like Ruffles, pastel, 16 x 20 by Terrie Lombardi
Terrie Lombardi, teaches in Colorado at her galleries, Abend and Evergreen Fine Art as well as Terry Ludwig Pastels. She recently was featured in southwest Art Magazine in the article Petal Pushers. Find out more about this wonderful artist at:

Southwest Magazine Article Pedal Pushers
“The inspiration for HER PETALS LIKE RUFFLES comes from a time when I broke both my wrists in 2011. After months of rehabilitation, I found inspiration, boldness, and strength that I had never experienced before. Embracing the flower has become my passion. I love the beauty that a flower possesses and the fact that it is constantly changing—living and dying. To me the flower is also a reminder of the gift of nature all around us and how fragile and delicate nature and flowers are. I always want to give the subject dignity and beauty.”

No comments:

Post a Comment