Search This Blog

Thursday, November 14, 2013

ART DESIGN AND DINE TONIGHT

Green Leaves by Diana Riverstone

November 14, 2013 
5pm-8pm 

DIANA RIVERSTONE 
AND HELEN HART

will be the featured artists at 
the November Art Design and Dine 
at the Cheyenne Artists Guild

WORDS FROM HELEN ABOUT HER ART

"Helen Hart grew up surrounded by weaving as her mother started to weave when Helen was 6 years old. Her mom also taught her how to knit. Mother continued to weave and Helen continued to knit and sew clothing for herself and her daughter. Then the summer of 1974, when the Harts moved to Cheyenne from Laurel, MD, they took a trip to Oregon to see Grandma. She taught Helen's kids to weave a spin and Helen also tried her hand and was hooked. Since then she has woven yards of material for clothing, scarves, ponchos, place mats. She loves to work in color but also loves putting different white yarns together. Weaving with textured yarns and doing weaving patterns are her interests also. She would love to show you her work Nov. 14."

WORDS FROM DIANA ABOUT HER ART

"My goal as a painter is to create beauty and to express the joy I experience in being alive. I particularly enjoy creating dramatic and unexpected effects that catch people’s attention in that brief moment of surprise and delight. My inspiration comes from nature, memories of places I have been, a thought, pictures, music, a dream, meditation or a totally spontaneous happening as I paint. My works emerge from a highly interactive process involving my hands, eyes and feelings, my ordinary self and Creative Self, the original inspiration, my tools and materials, and what happens on the support itself. As a painting develops, it seems to take on a life of its own which gives rise to surprising intuitive urges like using my left hand or a non-traditional color for the tree! Creating a painting is truly a magical journey that I love exploring.


My approach is to constantly enhance and become more aware of the creative process itself, to experiment with expression and to explore what is possible with acrylics. Both creating and viewing art is a vital, sensual and emotional experience. It is a full and conscious participation in the on-going act of creation experienced through the senses, feelings and intuitive perceptions and understandings."



Mirage by Diana Riverstone



No comments:

Post a Comment