Search This Blog

Friday, September 14, 2012

Mohala Johnson, new Gallery Manager at CAG


Mohala Johnson, is CAG's September featured artist during Art Design and Dine as well as the new gallery manager at CAG. She sees her job as manager as a great opportunity for her to meet people and grow as an artist. Originally from Hawaii, with her many talents "Mo" brings a  new spark of energy to the guild!  We are truly blessed to have her as part of our organization!

Stop by the guild to meet Mohala during our new extended gallery hours of Tuesday-Friday 12 Noon-5 PM and Saturday 10 am -2 pm!

“Being born and raised on the island of Kauai, part of the Hawaiian chain, and then coming state side to Cheyenne, WY is something many people ask me about. Do I miss home? Yes, Why did I move here? Snow. Island life is wonderful, however as the saying goes ” The grass is always greener on the other side” I wanted to experience all four seasons not just wet and wetter seasons. As an artists I have a hard time defining myself as I like to dabble in many things. I think this is due in part to my very short attention span along with my over active imagination. Currently I am occupying myself with jewelry making, Painting ( at least trying to paint ), as well as photography.
If I could accomplish one thing with my art it would be simply to spread the joy that I put into making each piece to others. Everyone deserves a little art in their live so I will continue to do my best to make sure I have a healthy supply of it."

No comments:

Post a Comment